I ask myself this question all the time. What’s next? What TV show will I watch next? What route will I run with my dog today? What will I eat for dinner? I am sure you too ask these types of questions all the time.
This week I have been thinking this for a few different reasons however and here they are.
- I am again working with the oldest group of students and many of them are about to graduate and head into the real world. What’s next?
- We have two senior students on this trip who are also about to graduate. What’s next?
- Trip after trip God keeps doing amazing things here in Slobodskoy! Whats’s next?
As we continue to travel through holy week here in Russia, I have no idea what is next. But God is showing up in some amazing places and I can’t wait to find out where it will be. Here are a few snapshots of where I have seen God in the past few days:
- More than a few of us have been rather sick at moments on this trip (I unfortunately was among them) but God’s healing was prayed over each of us to quick recovery. God is good.
- Our teenagers continue to blow my mind with their maturity, compassion, love, grace, humor, care, and understanding of the world and their God. Simply amazing. I could not be more proud than I am tonight. Perhaps it’s just fresh tonight, but I cannot imagine a finer group of young people to spend a week with. Luckiest youth pastor ever!
- I know he is not going to say it, so I will. Craig is doing a simply marvelous job as our trip leader. He has led us through MANY compromises and some hard times. He has been God in our midst this week. An inspired job.
- I know time passes and students grow up. But I have seen real growth in the students we are here to serve, growth that does not come with the passing of days, but change that comes from within. Change that comes from the Holy Spirit. Our travels here are worth it. Our travels here are bringing the love of Christ.
As I fall asleep tonight I have hopes and dreams for tomorrow. More than anything I hope God will show us the way towards love. I hope that for you as well, wherever you are.
May our living God bless you and keep you and make the Spirit shine in you richly.
5 thoughts on “What’s Next? – Rush”
Rush, and we back home see God at work through the postings of you travelers. I love hearing about how our young people are such inspiring representatives of us at Christ Church and beyond. Sorry to hear that the group has had some illness.
Another “WOW” posting. Your whole group is amazing and filled with love. Keep it up!
Nicely said. I will think about your blog for most of today. Hope Patsy and Maddie and all travelers are well. God Bless!
Thank you for sharing all the positive news of how God is faithful! Your posts make me praise God all the more. I have been praying for health for you all and I will continue to do so.
Thinking of you!
I hope everyone is feeling better very soon. Blessings to all.